Friday, August 17, 2007

Regarding OGA Dinner...





Last Saturday was quite memorable for me. It was the Annual Dinner for MGC/TKC OGA members. I have been a member for quite some time, but I never had the chance to participate in any of the events because I was away, studying for my PhD. Now that I am back, I thought.. hmm..dinner..why not. Although I did not know most of the people attending the dinner, the bond was clearly there...we were all ex-TKCians after all (except for the husbands and the royal guests of course..) and we know it. We've been to the same school and subjected to the same experience. Most of us talked about the past rather than the present. Somehow the past seemed to be more significant for the occasion. Some of us haven't had the chance to meet for the last 16 years. The grand ballroom was so noisy of the members’ chit chatting that even the famous Mahathir Lokman had trouble in organizing the event. And it was fun to see the prominent members of the school talked about similar experiences during the multimedia presentation. Some common topics include the 'nasi kawah,' 'nasi daging' and 'ikan jeket.' There were also talks about house keeping that every one of us were required to do every weekend. About having to wake up very early in the morning to serve for breakfast, the fight for nice breads for the seniors, the rule of one finger when arranging the coffee cup. About being lectured by seniors. About all our pet sisters, 'cobweb,' 'toeng,' 'friends..' About the teachers..the things we did during April Fool...hahaha. Well, hope the friendships remain...as long as the students keep singing the song...


"Kolej Tunku Kurshiah,
Kolej ulung di negara Malaysia,
Kami pelajar bersumpah,
Akan teguh patuh memeliharanya..

Kolej Tunku Kurshiah,
Kolej mulia berjasa,
Moga-moga Tuhan memberi rahmatnya,
Sentosa Kolej Tunku Kurshiah!"

Toodles!


3 comments:

nik faizah said...

Yup, I remember house cleaning every Sunday, and sometimes, if our visitors come early that sunday, we got to skip house cleaning altogether...heheh...my favorite nasi was nasi daging during lunch time. and I like the marble cake (or butter cake) served during team time..I remember when serving meehoon, we must save the chicken bits for the seniors...or else, sarcastic words will come from them "...tak de ayam pun.." heheh, those were the days.....

EldCelpad said...

Salam Dahlia

Firstly, I'd like to congratulate you on yr wonderful achievement. I hope it's not too late - hv been trying to catch up with all the mails but didn't really had the time to reply all. One advise I always give my students is that "In life, sometimes the destination is not really that important. What's more important is the journey".

When I saw the phrase 'ikan jeket', that really brought back memories because up till now I mmg tak suka mkn the fish - this is the effect of hvg to devour it for so many years & I didn't like the way it was cooked.

Indeed, TKC has a very rich tradition - u ingat tak 'high table', 'ice-cream night'- dpt mkn ice cream in cups HEAVEN!!! Tak boleh pijak rumput (sometgh which I still can't fathom till today-WHY???) TAkleh diri kat railings, eat with fork & spoon. I suppose I cld still remember most of these DON'TS because unfortunately I was the PENGAWAS DENDA. HE...He...He.. Tough job..

dahliaz said...

Until now I still couldn't force myself to drink black coffee. I can still taste the TKC coffee for breakfast. Yucks..