Wednesday, December 26, 2007

New Semester, New Faces...

The new semester has just begun last Monday. I saw a lot of new faces since then. Of course I only had a handful of students during that day (it was a day before Christmas..what did you expect, kan?).

Today seemed a bit better. Both my morning classes were almost full. It was kind of nice to have been able to teach after such a long rest. Tee commented that I looked much better today..like my normal self. And he said that perhaps my motivation at work came largely from my students. Surprisingly, I think he was right. Being able to share my knowledge with my students and being able to touch their lives no matter how little somehow makes me feel alive. I take pride with what some of them have achieved so far and I don't even mind if they have no recollection of me whatsoever in the future. Sounds funny, isn’t it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dahlia, after reading this post, I think you may be a natural-born teacher. If you find happiness in helping other human beings mentally evolve, by that, you already have the most needed quality of a teacher. Good luck to your teaching life.

dahliaz said...

Hi Lee. Thank you. That was so sweet. How are you? Are you almost there?

Zaidah M said...

all the best in the new semester dear. Am not tutoring during this summer semester sbb my course is cancelled. So, tak de fresh 'victims' to hunt and no moolahs coming in as well.

I am sure 2007 has been a great year for you, rewarding you with that well deserved doctorate degree. Here's hoping and praying that 2008 is an even better year for you, and ME :)

HUGS