Thursday, February 21, 2008

I Finally Can Swim!!!

Ahah! After 33 years, I finally can swim! It began with Tuesday being so stressful for me.. On Wednesday morning, I felt so annoyed with things happening at home. And when I arrived at the office, there were so much work to complete that I ended up not doing anything. So, I decided to take a dip in the pool with K.Ana. Just to cool off. Dr Murali said I was losing my focus..so no sense to continue working there. Yup! I wanted to practice anyway because by Saturday my young instructor would definitely want to see some improvements. She always said..'you need to practice..that will make the process of learning faster.' I always nodded my head..nod, nod, nod..of course, I understand that. I am a lecturer..hahaha. But, I just couldn't find the time. Alasan.

When we arrived, the pool was quite empty. The feeling of those cool water all over me gave a very soothing feeling. It calmed me. In the beginning I started my breast stroke like before...three strokes and breathed, three strokes and breathed...Then I saw K.Ana doing her breast stroke..so gracefully. She told me to find the rhythm. I had nothing better to do...so I tried. One stroke and breathed..one stroke and breathed. All the time my mind was humming the rhythm for my body to follow. The power of your mind can sometimes amazes you. When I was in Missouri last time, I wanted to learn roller blading. The first time I tried, I couldn't even balanced myself even to stand still for a few seconds. I was practising with my husband in front of his house. I managed to slid under his feet everytime I tried to stand. The people in the cars that went by his house were my witnesses. They honked at me! Somebody shouted encouraging words to me though. Thank you. God bless you. For the next few days, I remembered playing with my mind, imagining myself standing up while wearing my blades..and, guess what? The next time I tried, I was a natural. That experience was really amazing. Wow.

Well...I guess that was what happened with my swimming. After 1/2 hour of mind training, I finally did it. Congratulations to me. Hahaha. It felt great!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

iya,
one question, camana nak breathe while in the water tu? ibi baru boleh float!

-ibi-

dahliaz said...

Ibi, I am not breathing in the water. When you take a breath, you need to use your hand and push your head out of the water. Tapi I pun take about 2 one-hour classes just to learn the strokes. Punyelah lama. Tomorrow will be my fifth class. Kalau tak tau gak, sajalah. So, take your time. Are you taking any lessons ker?

Anonymous said...

tak my husband je ajar... anak i ammaar, buat sendiri-sendiri je... dah boleh swim sikit-sikit.. budak-budak senang kot!
-ibi

Zaidah M said...

congrats bunge! next step: DIVING :)

Anonymous said...

hhahahaha...when u become more expert kita fight, nak?hehhehe.. saya very expert..so DR training la dulu eh... >:)

-LINA MARISSA (MGM3113)

dahliaz said...

Lina;

Boleh....but I doubt I will win.