Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Regarding Freaking Out !!!

I went to a workshop today which was meant to assist us in writing our research and publishing them in top journals, etc. I had presented my draft and the moment the feedbacks came pouring in, I completely freaked out!! I guess it never occurred to me that publishing my work would be that difficult. The worst (for me lah) is to compress a 3½-year work into a 30-page (or less) journal. Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God...Of course this will not stop me from trying my best, it is a challenge instead, but somehow the uncertainty level has risen a bit. Sob! Sob! The question that has been ringing inside my head is this..'Am I gud enuf?'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You CAN do it!!!!

-niasulaiman-

Zaidah M said...

by golly, it is rather amazing that they pressured us to work for 3.5 years then expect us to boil it down in less than 30 pages and i always hear this phrase.

"if you can summarize your thesis in 1 sentence, then you know exactly what you are doing"

if 1 sentence is all I need, what in the freaking world am i doing phd for 3 freaking years?

@%!&*#(R&@()!()^&#!&%#!& Zaidah raging mad.

dahliaz said...

yo zaidah..you are absolutely right! although technically 1 sentence can mean the whole page...