Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Regarding Ramadhan...

Well, well..pejam celik, pejam celik, this Thursday might be the beginning of Ramadhan already. It is soooo refreshing to be able to celebrate Ramadhan in Malaysia (although I do miss the fact that I can buka puasa at 3:30pm in Reading...), to be around my people.. my families, and friends during tarawikh, to enjoy different kinds of food for berbuka puasa (air sirap and selasih, air cincau), and to shop while fasting. My Romanian friend used to tell me last time that she was amazed of how much energy the Muslims have… why? Because we can shop without eating and drinking. I told her, sometimes I feel amazed myself. Hahaha! But, I guess fasting is normal for Muslims. The thing that makes Ramadhan different is not fasting (for me lah)..it is actually the combination of many..tarawikh, the continuous recitation of Quran, shopping, the fact that Hari Raya celebration is getting nearer, the sound of meriam buluh...don't you think so?

Seriously, for me, you have to be away to appreciate what you have here. Of course I admit that when I was doing my degree in Missouri, I thought, 'wow..living here is so much fun!' Rasa tak nak balik. But then, as I get older...I begin to understand that there's no place like homelah. I feel content living in Malaysia and I think you should too. I hope this Ramadhan would bring keberkatan to me and my family. I am sure it will be very meaningful to me and I want to take this opportunity to wish 'Selamat Menyambut Ramadhan' to all of you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoy your Ramadhan back home. I agreed with you that there is no place like home. How is everything? I am sure you have already settled down well because you sound happy in your writing:-) I will go back to Thailand in December. My sister deliveed her baby girl for almost 4 months now and I haven't seen her yet. Can't wait to go back and see her...Anyway, hope everything is going great over there..take care....

Anonymous said...

Hello Dahliaz,
Glad to read that you're going well. It seems that you're happier than in Reading (No wonder, I suppose). The Uni is becoming busy as new students are arriving everyday. Today the weather is also fantastic. I'm still struggling to do data analysis. I don't know how you overcame this tedious and boring time. Continuous ups and downs....Good luck to your life and best wishes to your families. (Lee from Reading UK)

dahliaz said...

Hi Pattana and Lee. It's so good to hear from you guys. How's life in Reading (apart from your study)? Congratulations on the birth of your new niece Pattana. Come to Malaysia for a vacation in December if you have the time. And to Lee...I guess the only way to overcome those ups and downs is by sharing your problems with friends and your wife. Of course I have another alternative..it works for me until now..go shopping! Take care you guys.

Anonymous said...

assalamualaikum .....

i hope its not too late to wish you and family selamat berpuasa....
kalau ada buat makan-makan remember you MUST jemput ibi...ha!ha!!!!