Thursday, November 25, 2010

My Youngest, the Joker.


Thaqif - 2 yrs old.


Thaqif - almost 1 yr old.


Thaqif - a baby.

Again and again, we keep coming to the same phrase - time sure flies. I felt that it was just recently that I gave birth to my youngest. But pejam celik, pejam celik, he is now 2 years old. Very active. And at the moment trying very hard to imitate people and improving his vocabularies. Once I was on my way to my mother’s and he was sitting at the back in his new car seat (we had to buy a new one because the old one cannot hold him anymore – he managed to get out of it), and I heard him singing ‘boya, boya, boya, boya’ like the advertisement on TV. Boya here means bola or ball. Hmm...

And there was this one time when he wanted his book and it was on top of the TV. He had said ‘mak, buku! ’, but I kind of thought I would be able to ignore his request. I just finished tidying up and didn’t want him to make a mess anymore. So, I pretended not to hear. Then he looked at me and he seemed to be thinking for a while when suddenly he uttered the word ‘atas.’ Seeing his determination, I finally relented and he got his book.

The latest incident was at Ani Sop Utara in Bangi. My husband and I decided to bring him out for dinner. And he was so happy in his baby seat waiting for the food. The moment the young server came to deliver our food, he kept repeating the word ‘makacih ye..’ everytime the boy put down the food on the table. The boy seemed a little bit hesitant. Ye lah kan, how actually to respond to this small boy who thanked him continuously and excitedly.

Well…I am sure to enjoy all these while I can. Because going back to the phrase, time is flying and before I know it, he’ll be going to school, and he won’t be so attached to me anymore. He will have his friends, his teachers, etc. etc. etc. He will even have his secrets. Sob! Sob!

No comments: